Today’s article is for small-medium-sized manufacturers whose manual scheduling processes are not doing the job.
Paper-based employee scheduling methods are:
- Tedious and inefficient
- Unable to quickly adjust to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to inaccuracies
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Difficult to share with employees
In addition, workers need to go through a manager or HR department to obtain schedule, time card, and PTO information and it is cumbersome for associates to submit and obtain shift change approvals.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
These problems impact everyone in the business:
- Owners overpay for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Owners lose money due to high employee turnover
- Owners are in danger of compliance violations
- Company misses production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Team Members can’t view the schedule when they are not at work
- Team Members have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force team members on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, often causes employee burnout
- Scheduling managers spend so much time building schedules that they have little time for other essential tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee schedule preferences
Deep-rooted problems that affect every level of the organization require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. Baron Workforce Management Suite from Baron Payroll has tools to transform employee scheduling at manufacturing facilities.
Baron Workforce Management Suite includes Baron Scheduling which offers expedited scheduling and Baron Time for integrated time and attendance tracking.
- Set up schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the team members with the required skills are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible staff members to cover open shifts
- Customized system notifications reduce over-staffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for employees and management
- Employee Self Service allows staff to manage their time cards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
Baron Workforce Management Suite is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
Baron Payroll offers Baron Workforce Management Suite, the powerful, fully-integrated Workforce Management Suite that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your managers, employees, and company.
Baron Workforce Management Suite includes Baron Time, Baron Scheduling, and Baron Mobile. Baron Workforce Management Suite is designed for busy employers like you who need to streamline scheduling, automate time and attendance tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our Baron Payroll ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Baron Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to schedule a demo.